My daughter and I picked apples yesterday and I had some pumpkin puree left over from the pumpkin donuts I made the other day so I made this pumpkin-apple smoothie. It tastes like autumn in a glass. So good! I normally add greens to all my smoothies but I didn’t for this one. I probably will add spinach next time since I can never taste it in my smoothies anyway.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin or fresh pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt (I used about 1/2 cup and added some plain kefir)
- 1 medium apple, cut into pieces
- 1/2 banana, sliced and frozen (I used a full banana since ours were small)
- 1/2 cup milk (almond, soy, cow’s, etc. – whatever you prefer)
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- ice cubes
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.