I received a vegetable spiralizer for my birthday so I put it to use this evening to make this Mexican dish. I have a feeling I will be using it a lot. My 2 year old won’t usually touch zucchini but she gobbled up the “noodles”.
I found this recipe on Pinterest and it’s from Kayln’s Kitchen. I made half of the recipe and it served 2 adults and 1 toddler. The ingredients and instructions here are for that amount. The original recipe calls for Spike Seasoning but I couldn’t find it anywhere so I added a few of my own spices.
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and diced
- Juice from 1/2 of a lime (to toss with avocado)
- 1/2 large Poblano or Anaheim chile, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- Zest of one lime
- Juice from 1/2 of a lime
- 1½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium or 1 large zucchini, spiralized
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, sliced
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Zest the lime, then squeeze the juice from half of the lime. Mix lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, cumin, chile powder, onion powder, garlic powder and dried basil to make the dressing.