My friend made some balls similar to this and I couldn’t stop eating them so I made some today. I looked at a couple different recipes and ended up making my own.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1.5 TBL chia seeds
- dash of cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter (I used half PB and half almond butter)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey (I use raw honey. Read about the nutritional benefits here.)
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBL mini chocolate chips or chopped up dark chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chips)
- 1/4 cup ground peanuts or almonds
Combine oats, flaxseed, chia seeds, cinnamon and shredded coconut in a large bowl and stir.
Melt peanut butter and/or almond butter, coconut oil and honey on the stove over low heat. Allow it to cool slightly and stir in the vanilla. Once the nut butter mixture has cooled a bit, pour it over the oat mixture and mix well with a spoon then bring together with your hands. Once the mixture is sticking together, fold in the chocolate chips.
Roll dough into small balls, then roll in ground peanuts or ground almonds and store in the fridge.